Drone video highlights of the 2016 ILYA X Championship Regatta posted. Hosted by the Okoboji Yacht Club, July 28-30, 2016.Music: Photosphere by Charles Atlas (charles-atlas.com/)
From Interstate 90 - Proceed to the Hwy 86 Lakefield Exit #64 (9 miles West of Jackson)
IMPORTANT!! NO EXIT OFF OF I 90 AT JACKSON - MUST CONTINUE TO HIGHWAY 86
1. At the Hwy 86 intersection with I 90 proceed south about 8 miles to the state line
2. Continue South another 5 miles from the state line to Hwy 9
3. Continue South another 3 miles on Hwy 86 from Hwy 9
4. Turn left on 180th St. and go East 0.7 miles
5. Turn right at T intersection and go 0.2 miles to 1900 South Manhattan Blvd.
Upon arriving at the Okoboji Yacht Club off of 180th St:
1. Start at the power washing station.
Boats will be weighed, inspected and power washed as necessary. Although Lake Okoboji does have zebra mussels we will do what is necessary to protect our lake from erasion milfoil and other invasive species.
After inspection an OYC member will give you a "Ready to Launch" card.
Please prep your boat and hoist your mast. There are no power lines from power washing to OYC launch.
2. Proceed to the Okoboji Yacht Club for launching.
OYC has a ramp and crane to assist you in launching your boat. You must have a "Ready to Launch" card to proceed.
3. Taxi boats will help you moor in the proper bay.
4. Trailer parking by entrance to OYC.
5. Check in with ILYA Okoboji Yacht Club 2nd level
A. Confirm registration with ILYA
B. Confirm meal and merchandise orders.
C. Purchase raffle tickets - great prizes!
D. Volleyball sign up, spectator boat sign up
E. Goody bag pick up for skipper & crew
6. Lunch available at the OYC Grill from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. - brats and chicken sandwiches for $6 and hot dogs for $5.
7. Practice Race begins at 3:00 p.m. and Opening Ceremonies begin at 5:30 p.m.
Please preorder your meals by this Monday, July 18th. Additional orders will be accepted however your help providing our caterers with advanced orders is much appreciated.
All shirt pre-orders must be placed by Thursday, July 14th. Only a limited number of shirts will be available at registration on a first come first serve basis.
The registration for the 2016 X Inland Regatta is now open. Please visit the "IYLA Registration" under "Regatta Details" in the menu above or click the button below.
Updates will be available soon. Please check back or sign up for text alerts (beginning July 1st).